Wednesday, 26 March 2008

An opinion please....

Well I am trying to organise some make and takes for a fair I am involved in, I will be charging around $6 to those that book to take part in one of the classes.

I have been playing with a few ideas although cannot finalise them until I am able to order from the new catalogue (not long to wait now stampers!)

I need to work on at least 3 different colour ways just so that I have enough pens for water colouring etc and people aren't waiting about to use something (there will be up to 15 people in each class). I once went on a course where there were just 3 ink pads between 30 of us and one of each stamp - I was ready to kill someone by the end as if you had the ink, you didn't have the stamp - very, very frustrating!

Here are a couple of ideas I have used using the Summer By the Sea set of stamps.

I would really appreciate you guys if you could leave some comment and say whether you like them and whether you would spend $6 learning how to create one of these cards (and of course create it and take it away with you at the end!)

So far I have only made it in 2 colour ways, I am working on the third!

This first one is just a square card with a normal side opening. The colours are Not Quite Navy and Old Olive. As yet I haven't put a sentiment on it. The holes are not punched around the side, I used a pen to make 'faux' holes, only because it would be too hard to supply enough paper piercers and mats for every one to have one or at least not wait too long to use one.



The colouring on these are not as strong as they will be, the reason is I have only just ordered this stamp set and do not have it myself so these images were stamped on to Whisper White card stock by a friend and although it is fine for water colouring on, to achieve the really intense colouring I like I need to be able to stamp it on to watercolour paper. Once I receive my set of stamps I will be able to do this!

This is the second colour way, Ruby Red and Creamy Caramel I also chose to make it open in a different way as this may add a little more interest to what is, in reality, a very simple little card.






I have just put together this third one, the colours here are very 'seasidey', the are real Red and Ballet Blue. I used the crayons to colour this in and that gave a much more intense colour on the Whisper White card stock.

Things like the ribbons etc may well change when I order from the new catalogue. I am simply working with what I have right now.




Please do let me know what you think. I have managed to add a poll to the top of the site so please vote, it will only take a second!!

No comments: