Wednesday, 5 March 2008

I know, I know....

I have been incredibly slack! My mum has been here and I have tried to spend as much time with her as possible as she lives 11000 miles away usually. We had a great 5 weeks but now she is back in the UK so I feel a little sad as my husband is also over there on business so I am lonely! At least I cannot say I am bored as I don't think that is possible with 3 lively boys to look after!

Needing some female company I have a group of girl friends coming over on Friday night so we can have a 'crafty' evening. Everyone is just bringing whatever craft they wish to do whether it be stamping, embroidery or just reading but the main thing is we can chat and eat chocolate and maybe drink some wine (I did buy a Frothie today though so perhaps we will just have hot chocolate!!)

I am currently spending my Wednesday afternoons at my sons' school making 'polished stone' boxes with the grade 2s! I find it astonishing that in a group of just four boys I can show them, explain to them, repeat the instructions and get them to repeat them and they still don't do it correctly - it is so exasperating but it is also great to see their little faces light up when they have created something. They are using their efforts to make a little flower favour box to fill with a special chocolate for mummy for Easter.

Anyway I best go as I desperately need my beauty sleep!!

Lynda x

ps I am keeping the Retiring Lists up-to-date although there has been little change in them for some days.

No comments: