Monday, 10 March 2008

Fishy Friends

I have always loved this stamp set but by the time I had saved enough to get it I was nervous about buying it in case it became a retired set and I would not then be able to use it in any demos, but it has not featured on the Retired Stamp List so I finally got it!



All the little sea creatures are so adorable, I think I am going to have fun with this set! It lends itself greatly to watercolouring which I love, in fact it is my fave technique! The only 'bubbly' kind of background I have got is the Seeing Spots set, I do like the effect it gives. The colours I have used are Bordering Blue and Always Artichoke, both from the Rich Regals colour family. I stamped the fish on to watercolour paper, you should be able to get a similar effect with Whisper White but you cannot add the markers directly to the image as I did, you would have to use a pallette, use ink from the pad , the pastels, watercolour pencils or crayons. Whatever medium you use the watercolour effect will be very similar!

I also got the chance to try out my new toy which is a little cutter set, as well as having a mini rotary cutter, perforater and scorer, it has a seven sided distressing tool which allows you to 'scuff' up the edge of the card without damaging your nails - it is fab, a definite must for your craft box. I was wondering whether you would be able to take it on a plane, I am guessing not, as if you broke the plastic surrounding it you would have a potential weapon, does anyone know?

No comments: