Thursday, 7 February 2008

Tiling...

I had a look at a SCS challenge today and it was a technique called tiling. There are many different ways to achieve a tiled look on a card, I had never tried this technique before so I totally cased pattyb's card for my first attempt. Her card had no stamp on the bottom, I think perhaps her card was smaller so I just added the Mon Amie as it seemed to fit. The stamp sets used were Carte Postale and French Script and the inks and papers were Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa and Naturals Ivory.
here it is.


Then using the same colour scheme and one or two adaptations, I used the Friendship Blooms set of stamps to create this.

I definitely prefer Patty's card, it reminds me of quilt perhaps more than tiles but it is very tasteful. Just as well I now have the scallop punch eh?!

No comments: