Thursday, 7 February 2008

So slack....

I know, I know, you are bored of seeing no change on the site for a week now - sorry! I have been soooo busy. First of all I was madly trying to organised for our Stamp Camp which we held on Saturday.

It was a great success and everyone seemed to have a good time. I never cease to be amazed at all the different things people can create out of the one idea - it is so inspirational! We will definitely hold another one when the new catalogue comes out.

I have also had my mum here so we have been crafting but just dabbling, not necessarily creating a finished product, of course as it is the last week of the hols we have also had some adventures with the boys, body boarding, a visit to Cadbury's World - yummy! yesterday was a joyous day, we had dentist appointments and then of to get school shoes - what a fun day that was!!!!!

On Tuesday we had a SU! group meet where about 6-7 demonstrators all in the same team get together. Our swap them was an Easter card using no specific Easter stamps. I had this fantastic idea of cutting out an oval from the centre of a card and weaving some paper for the centre to look like an egg - I did one and then kind of lost the will to live so decided on another card!

So here is my first attempt - the idea is there, I cheated using the Easter stamp from Loads of Love Accessories. The egg needs some ribbon around it but I didn't have anything to coordinate so it is very bare! Nevertheless you can see where I was going and also why making seven of them was not very appealing...lol I am not too sure on the colour scheme either, it is a Colour wheel one and colours I would most likely not ahve thought of putting together!

The one I decided to do instead kind of ended up being a bit long winded as well considering I was making 7 and was trying to limit the effort involved!

I was going to use clear buttons but as it would have wiped my stock out I decided to recreate buttons by making thicker card stock (sticking 2 bits together). covering them in crystal effects and when that had dried I punched out two small hole and threaded some linen thread through them - I love to make work for myself!

The colour combo here is mellow moss and always artichoke. The flowers are from the Level 1 Hostess set Springtime Stems, the word Happy is from the Sale-a-Bration set Birthday Whimsy and the Easter is from the Alphabits, using a stamp-a-ma-jig I was able to just ink up a single letter and place it where I wanted - not too labourious....lol

No comments: