Friday, 15 February 2008

Playing with resist techniques...

and no I am not talking about resisting chocolate etc...there is no known 'technique' available for that - you just give in!!!

I am talking about ink resist stuff.....

I was showing my mum the crayon resist technique which I have done before on here. I was quite pleased to have another go as I felt using the watercolour crayons was a bit wasteful as the crayons are so soft that you could visibly see them wear down and as they are not cheap to replace I wondered if standard crayons would work, well the news is.........YES THEY DO! I even used coloured crayons and so long as you use glossy card stock the colour rubs off and you get left with a white area where you drew.

I bought a set of Crayola Twistables - I think they will last a life time!!



The second technique we had a go with was resist using good old Versamark (it really is very versatile!). I stamped an image in Versamark on the glossy card and then in black and using a brayer and the Cotton Candy Kaleidoscope ink pad I brayered the back ground, mounted it on complimentary card stock, added a few embellishments and made a card! It really is that easy and if you don't have a brayer you can easily sponge the image on, it gives a lovely effect as you can see in the first card.

2 comments:

Mae said...

Hi Lynda

Your cards look great! Did you sponge the background or spritz it of the first card?

Are both these cards on black c/s as they look so elegant?

Cheers,
Mae

Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator said...

Hi Mae,

Thanks for your comments.

I sponged the first card, it gives a really nice effect on glossy card.
Yes both the cards are on Basic Black card stock. I find it works well to give a 'wow' factor on very simple stamped images like the ones on these cards.

Lynda x