Friday, 15 February 2008

Kickstand Card

Well I have been really slack this week and haven't posted anything. The older boys have been back at school this week which has been great but getting back into the early routine has been somewhat of a struggle!

On top of that I had one of my oldest friends come over to visit. She has family in Brisbane so popped over to Tas to see me. Although we have had family stay this is the first time I have had a UK friend over, it was good!

Anyway, she has now gone and things are getting back to normal and yesterday afternoon my mum and I had a go at a challenge on SCS. It was to make a a kickstand card which I have never heard of before, let alone made! Actually the principal is very easy and I will definitely make one again.

Well after that build up I guess I have to show you my efforts, so be prepared to be amazed....lol

This is a set out of the current mini catalogue, Long Time Friend, I watercoloured the image using Stampin' Write Markers and the grey from the neutral Water Colour Wonder Crayons (a very useful crayon indeed for shading!). I chose the c/s from the colours I used to paint the image. They are colours I would never have put together usually but they work really well.

The colours are Brilliant Blue, Rose Red and Pumpkin Pie. I used watercolour paper for this card, usually any pale, neutral c/s is OK but when you want to introduce lots of colours and lots of blending then watercolour paper really is the only option as it really allows you to 'play' with you your colours. It also allows you to use your markers directly on to the paper and blend the colour out, you cannot do this on other c/s. Stampin' Up! sell watercolour paper in a pack of 20 sheets, each sheet measuring 95 X 127 mm for just $13.50. The quality is exceptional and I can usually make at least 2 cards out of one sheet and if I mess up I just turn it over and use the other side so there is very little waste.

Of course if you would like to purchase any Stampin' Materials you can do so by mailing me at craft@lyndamoss.com. I can accept most forms of payment and orders from anywhere in Australia and they will be shipped directly from Stampin' Up! to your door!

Don't forget to ask in your mail what special internet deals I have on offer, you may get yourself a bargain!!

No comments: