Sunday, 24 February 2008

A Garish Challenge...

Last week whilst walking around the city with my mum we saw a shop that had a very striking window display, it was a rich purple and a strong orange. We decided to set ourselves a challenge to make a card using those two colours. We chose Lovely Lilac and Only Orange, we also added the option of using Green Galore and any neutral card stock we wanted.

OK, so here are our efforts. First of all here is my mum's card, she chose not to use the green. The stamp sets used were French Script and Heartfelt Thanks




Here is my attempt, I did choose to use the green and as well as Whisper White Neutral I used Basic Black. Ordinarily I would never make a card with these colours, or at least not in this way, but I decided to go all out for it!!! I randomly stamped some images from the Time Well Spent stamp set and coloured them with the Stampin' Write Markers. As I said in the title, the challenge was particularly garish...lol.



And with the left overs.....

I decided to used them up to make an equally garish place name card and a little gift card!!



Of course, I have to admit, I am not a total stranger to this colour combination. I have used it before when I made some examples for my masking workshop. It was the Jelly Bean one!

No comments: