Monday, 21 January 2008

Trapezoid Treat Box

As I seem to spend my life in catch up mode I though why should I change...so today, Monday, I did the Friday 3D challenge from SCS! No one else had entered so I though they appreciate an entry even it was 3 days late!!!

It is a very sweet box although I found the base didn't have enough card overlap to get a good fixing so I may have to adapt the template in future occasions.

Again it is a very small box but big enough to contain a few rather yummy treats!


The card stock is Whisper White, sponged with basic brown,, the stamp set used was In Full Bloom and very roughly water coloured using the watercolour pencils. As the stamp design is quite sketchy there was no real point in being overly accurate with the painting I figured.

The bee has been cut out and adhered using my fave, Stampin' Dimensionals!

I am feeling a little spent out today as I have had to go and top up the boys' school uniforms and of course it is not cheap. They didn't have the size blazer I needed for the eldest so I have to go and get it next week, it is going to cost $200 - ouch!!!!! Tomorrow it is new school shoes, last week it was stationary and text books - this education lark is not cheap! I guess I shall have to keep stamping and selling....lol

ooh, by the way, I would love some feedback on the Stamp-a-ma-jig tutorial, please leave a comment on that post or mail me. It makes sense to me but then I know what I am doing, if it is not clear I can always edit it.

OK, I am off to have a look at the Monday SCS challenge and see if I can do that on time and if not I shall update my albums! I need to move myself to the garage once more as the kids want to play outside!

3 comments:

chelemom said...

Very cute! Reminds me of spring....which we desperately need!

My Paper World said...

Such a cute, cute project! Love the bee!

LoopyLyndaLou said...

Thanks guys! The bee is lovely isn't he! We are in the midst of our summer here but I remember the long wait until spring arrived not so far back! Not long to wait now..