Sunday, 20 January 2008

Oooh sooo busy!!!

Well this afternoon my husband was out taking some pictures, all three boys were at a neighbours watching a movie so I was on my own.

I had previously moved some card making bits down in to the garage as the boys were playing out on the cul-de-sac with some friends and I like to keep an eye on them. It was just as I had got going when they were invited to watch the movie.

So as I had my craft stuff downstairs anyway I decided to park myself in front of the TV, watch all my recorded shows and have a play. Normally I would do my ironing in front of these shows and really, looking at my ironing pile I should have, but hey, there is always tomorrow.....lol

My mission was to create a few cards just using stamps from the Sale-a-Bration sets and I have to say I was VERY productive!!!

It was not such a hard task really as they are such versatile sets, in fact I shall be quite sad at the end of February when I can no longer demonstrate with them!!

So here are my offerings!!!

The first couple of cards are made from the Friendship Blooms set, they both follow the same principle of what I call a 'strip' card. These are such easy cards to make as you can basically cover a whole sheet of card stock in your design and cut it into strips and make lots of cards from it and by changing the layering colours and details they can all be the same yet different!

On the second card I used the corner rounder to scallop the edges. This is a very easy technique to use and just adds a little more interest!



These next three cards were primarily designed using the Merci set with text taken from Birthday Whimsy and Lots of Thoughts. As valentines is not too far away the first one is a valentines card. I stamped the flower head out a second time, cut it out and using a brad and a Stampin' Dimensions (double sided, sticky foam pad to give some dimension) I attached it on top of the original.

The second card was more an experiment than anything, on the whole it is OK but perhaps next time I would just leave the black circles off completely and add some other kind of embellishment. Each card is a learning experience...lol

The idea of this third card from the Merci set is OK but the overall look is not! The butterfly has been made in to a 'tile' by using multiple layers of clear embossing powder and then I sprinkled some Dazzling diamond glitter over it & reheated it to set the glitter in. The green strip is torn and scrunched and Versamark has been used to create a background on the blue card. I think more could have been done with the tile and this card has not really shown it off in it's best light. Having said that I can think of quite a few young girls that would love this card!


The final three cards have primarily used the Birthday Whimsy set. The first card is just a little one, merely a 10.5cm square. The red balloon in the centre is stamped on a scrap of Whisper White, cut out, gently teased into a curve 3d shape and adhered on with some Stampin' Dimensionals. This card would be very easy to produce in a large number as an invite to a party, yet still holds that 'ooh what a cute card' factor!

Again this card is one that I am not overly pleased with, it would have been better as a smaller card, it didn't need those 3 presents at the bottom but I can always cut them off! It is another card a young girl would like I think, having said that, I have three boys so what do I know about little girls?!

This final one is a very easy card and one that can easily be sent to a male, and as we all know that is always a bonus!! You can't actually see in this picture, but the presents were stamped out on the white card stock and then stamped again on another piece, cut out and adhered, yes you are getting it know..., with Stampin' Dimensionals. I curved the presents round a pen a little first so it looks as if they are just rolling off the surface of the card and not sticking out.

The presents are not in a straight line which annoys me so next time I would use my Stamp-a-ma-jig* to position them more accurately - I am so anal!!!


* Just to explain what a Stamp-a-ma-jig is, it is a natty little tool, sold by Stampin' Up which takes the guesswork out of positioning you image exactly where you want it to be - I think I will put together a little tutorial for you!

No comments: