Sunday, 13 January 2008

Inspiration...

I was surfing the web as you do and invariably I always find myself looking at other hand made cards. Following a few links here and there I came across a very talented card maker, Michelle Zindorf. Using her ideas I based two cards on ones she had made. I am really pleased with them so Michelle, thanks for the inspiration!!


This first one uses a brayered background to give a 'moody' sky. By simply changing the colours of the ink you can change the mood completely. The effect of snow on the ground was given by simply masking off the Whisper White card using torn Post It notes. I used a white gel pen just to give the impression it was still snowing.

Card Recipe

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree
Papers: Marigold Morning, Whisper White and Black.
Inks: Marigold Morning, Buckaroo Blue, Black Stazon.
Accessories: Post It notes, brayer, white singlo gel pen, white grosgrain ribbon, paper piercer

The second card is almost a direct case from Michelle's although with a slightly different layout. It took me MANY attempts to get the look I wanted and I used a whole piece of Very Vanilla card stock trying to get what I wanted!

Project Recipe

Stamps: Carte Postale (from the Summer mini catalogue), French Script.
Papers: Ruby Red, True Thyme and Very Vanilla.
Inks: Ruby Red, True Thyme and Pumpkin Pie.
Accessories: water spritzer

To get the effect I used a lot of second generation stamping. This is where you ink up your stamp, stamp it off once on scrap paper, this is your first generation stamp, and then stamp on to your card stcok to give you a softer, more faded image, this is the second generation stamp.

A nice tip I got from Michelle was when I stamped the French Scrips background I lightly spritzed it with water which made the ink blur a little and givces a more aged effect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these cards Lynda! The effects are great!

Cheers,
Mae

LoopyLyndaLou said...

Thanks Mae, I have had a great time playing the last couple of days!