Saturday, 26 January 2008

Getting ready for Valentines Day...

The other day I thought I really ought to do something with the Stampin' Up! Designer Series papers that I got ages ago. I am not a huge scrapbooker although I am beginning to see the attraction..so I thought I would use them to make a card.

In the end I did make two cards, I did use two bits of DS paper, although they were rather small! -I went for more of the 'country' look in these and adopted a little origami (don't get too excited, I mean a little!)

so here are my two efforts, I would like to point out that in the first one I did some stitching, real stitching using a needle and a piece of linen thread. This happens rarely so please be impressed with that...lol

The DS paper used is from the Recollections range, in this card I used Natural Ivory CS as a base, with Mellow Moss and Cranberry Crisp CS for layering. I also used th very versatile Warm Words stamp set.


Basically it is the colour schemes used here although muddled about a bit and of course the same stamp set, but I also added the Weathered background stamp as after completing the first card I felt it looked a little too bare in the background.

No comments: