Saturday, 26 January 2008

Continuing on in the heart theme.....

Myself and another SU! demonstrator are holding a Stamp Camp on the 2nd Feb, sadly this appears to be the weekend where everyone is either moving house or getting married so take up has not been what we had hoped for so we have cancelled our hall booking and are moving it to my house. Hopefully we will have a bigger event when the new Catalogue comes out.

Even so there will still be 12 people so not all is lost! We splitting the group in two and will teach each group 2 techniques each, Claire is concentrating on backgrounds, polished stone and faux linen whilst i am looking at masking and water colouring.

I thought I would look at hearts as part of the masking as then our guests will be able to make a valentines card for their significant other if they wanted to. I really like the card heart I made a while back so thought I would use that idea but rather than stamping out and then cutting and sticking, we could achieve the overlap look by masking. It actually worked well although I don;t like it to be totally flat so I cut out and stick on one focus heart. On the first card I used Crystal Effects to make the 3D heart stand out even more, but in fact it actually changed to colour from Ruby Red to orange and no longer matches, so I will have to take it off and put another one on.

So these are 3 of my attempts, I will also have to do some other samples so that people can see how masking can be used in other ways.

The card stock used here is Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red and Very vanilla, with the same colour inks used.

Obviously this is the same layout card but using different colours. The colours here are Real Red, Basic Black and Whisper White. I masked of part of the Wonderful Words stamps so the Whisper White Craft pad only inked the central part. To do this I used some sticky notes on each side and when the stamp was inked I pulled them off before stamping down. With any other colour I would have either used a Stampin' Spot to accurately ink the stamp or even better, a Stampin' Write Marker. I have ot say I really like this card and may well use this for my husband on the assumption he doesn't read this site so therefore won't know!!


And this little card was a bit of fun really, I just LOVE the Cool Caribbean in this years In Colour and will be VERY sad if it is discontinued completely. It looks so great with Green Galore. Initially I made my 3D heart in Cool Caribbean but I felt it might look more fun if I just swapped it over with a pink heart and actually it looked fine!

I used a Green galore Stampin' Write marker to ink up the text stamp from Lots of Thoughts (one of the Sale-a-Bration sets!) and also to rule on a border. It is a very simple card, but it was very late and I wanted my bed!

1 comment:

taz10 said...

Hi Lynda. Like the masked cards, particularly the cool caribbean and gable green one - lots of fun!
Claire
xx