Monday, 7 January 2008

Altered Books...

Many months ago whilst browsing in one of my fave shops (Officeworks - how sad am I?!) I came across some little note books. The were very inexpensive but very boring, glossy black with a red spine and red corners. I thought they had a lot of potential so grabbed a few and have basically sat looking them since then!

Well last night, or should I say early this morning, I was struggling to sleep so decided to get up and have a 'play'.

I was too tired to be too creative so kept it very simple, but using PVA glue, a foam spreader. a bone folder and some scissors, not to mention SU! card stock and the Time Well Spent stamp set I finally covered one of the books. I decided to make it for my friend who has been away for a couple of weeks and I didn't get a chance to give her a Christmas gift.

It really was so simple to do, the thing I found important was to make sure the glue was evenly spread and all the folds were neat and tight so it didn't look too unprofessional. The good thing about these little books the have a plain sheet of paper at the beginning and end so I was able to stick these to the inside of the covers for a very clean finish.

Here is the finished product.


The card stock and inks used were Pretty Pink and Mellow Moss. I shall have a go at a few more of these and may in fact buy myself a boring diary to cover to use for booking my SU! workshops etc!

No comments: