Saturday, 8 December 2007

Teachers pets....

I cannot believe it has been so long since my last post. Life is totally hectic at the moment as it always is at this time of the year, made worse by the fact that my husband has been away for12 days and is away for another 9! I am playing catch up ALL the time and not feeling as if any one job is ever complete.

I have to admit to having felt quite virtuous on Thursday though as I managed to catch up on all the washing, all the ironing, tidy the older boys' bedrooms amongst a few other little, but significant jobs. Of course it is now Saturday and I am already behind again!

I have been making my Christmas cards and even got most of them sent, I only made 40 this year as I really didn't have the time or energy to make more and of those I still have a few left to send. I won't post what I made as it will ruin the surprise for some people!!!

I have also been busy making the boys' teachers a present. I decided to make a card wallet for each of them, which contains 6 co-ordinating cards in them, 2 each of three designs. They can use these to send to friends and family throughout the year.

One I made totally nautical as this teacher sails, I do have the Stampin' Up! Set Sail set but I didn't use these, I used some other stamps I had which suited the theme I was looking for a little more.

For the other teacher I chose a much more feminine look, using the Certain Celery and Rose Red combination accented on same cards with More Mustard and Very Vanilla as the neutral. The stamp set I chose to use was Natural Beauty - oh I do like that set!


This first picture is of the closed wallet, it is A5 size.

The second picture is of the wallet open, I used a 12 x 12 sheet in Certain Celery for the main wallet.

The next three pictures are the three designs I used, I changed the text on the other set and two remain blank. You may recognise 2 of the designs from previous cards I have made, one is a complete copy and the other is a copy but with a different colour scheme. I used the Spritzer tool on the Very Vanilla one, just to give it a subtle confetti look. it is the first time I have used it on a card and I really liked the effect. I am not sure if you will see it on here.



No comments: