Monday, 19 November 2007

Sail away..sail away...

Makes me think of Enya - gee she was big in the eighties for while there!

I am sorry I have not updated the blog recently, time has been so short that I have just not had a chance to keep up. I am finally catching up with myself (as long as we don't include ironing!!!) so will have more time to get back on track with this site.

The title for today's post is inspired by the card I made my step-father earlier this month. This was one of the first stamp sets I bought, even before becoming a demonstrator. It is one that I think is very much underused which is a shame as it is so versatile and one of the few sets which has a definite 'male' orientation to it.

You can see, I have used the Hodgepodge Hardware on this card. I only use it on really special cards where I know the person will keep the card and not just discard it. I always avoided buying it as I felt it was too expensive but now I do have it I realise it will actually last a long time and is really worth having as it does add a certain 'something' to the finished product! I should say that the 'Happy Birthday' on this card is not a Stampin' Up! one, it is another one I had that just happened to fit the hardware really well!

No comments: