Tuesday, 30 October 2007

A refreshing Christmas..

I created this card for a card swap for the group of downlines I am in. I used these colours in an earlier card and a scrap book page (To be shown later!) as I think they are just gorgeous together.

I used the Stampin' Write Markers and an aqua painter to give the very pastel colouring to the reindeer and sleigh. I scribbled on a piece of acetate with the pens and then picked it up with the painter. A similar effect can be achieved using the Stampin' Pastels The background and text is heat embossed with silver.

The text is also given a lift using the Stampin' Dimensionals. My first attempt at this card was a waterfall card but after making one I realised I had fallen in to the same trap I always do, I used snowflakes to represent Christmas whereas here in Aus it is summer!!! (I have been here less than two years and only had one Christmas so I am still new to this whole warm Christmas thing!).

I shall post a picture of my original attempt anyway for your perusal!

No comments: